Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Party Season Kicks Off

I am in serious recovery mode today from my exertions of last night. That makes two mornings in a row devoted to this less than salubrious activity. Yesterday got off to a rollicking start when I drove my wife back to our old haunts at first light for a dentist appointment. We were done there by 8:15 and on our way back decided to get the car inspected (okay that was mostly me). We also swung by the old house since we were literally in the neighborhood. It was full on nostalgia until we passed by the dreaded driveway from hell and I remembered what that foul beast did to me last winter.
Repeat - But I can't Get Enough of this Photo
Upon our return to Worcester my wife was summoned for shopping duty with the next door Mafioso which left me at loose ends which resulted in a hasty scouring of the front yard for leaves in the 60 degree weather. I’m trying to enjoy this as much as possible because we probably won’t see sixty again until April. Recovery operations were resumed full throttle when I finished the lawn as I sat down to watch Navy’s annual pummeling of Army. Its times like this that I’m glad the Cantankerous Friend has been so quiet of late – neither of us went to our respective academy but that doesn’t halt his naval pride from exerting itself each year at this time.
Wife and Excellent Boss
My wife returned with further embellishments for our granddaughter’s growing wardrobe. The insufferable long distance we’re separated from that little miracle hasn’t dampened her grandmother’s need to shop for her.
Our Table
We geared up and headed out for the annual joint management-union Christmas party at a local banquet hall. It’s always a bit jarring to see employees outside the normal work environment along with their spouses and somewhat questionable fashion choices. Luckily my wife seized control of my attire 33 years ago and has yet to relax her iron grip in that area (thankfully). We had a fantastic time and I even won a door prize of a $100 bill. I kept trying to convince my wife it was ten dollars but she has excellent target acquisition sensors when it comes to currency. There was too much food and beverage along with the excellent company. My most excellent boss was in fine form and rarely left the dance floor. I was out there as well with my courage bolstered by the effects of demon alcohol. At one point I was dancing with 12 ladies at once, something I was pointing out to anyone who would listen. So it’s easy to understand why this morning came entirely too early.

Boss Dancing with a Mere Four Ladies
My daughter was slacking on photos yesterday but she did have a fellow Curbside Girl/Mom visiting so that’s understandable. Today’s selection of perfection photographed in California:
Curbside Moms


No comments:

Post a Comment