Saturday, August 22, 2015

Semi-Complete

A Vote at First Friday on the Lameness of the Operations Manager's Excuses
I’m not going to spend a lot of time writing today because I have a house full of women and one of them is the Cali-Daughter whom I was privileged enough to extract from the depths of the Boston airport yesterday. I tracked her plane across the country all day long and couldn’t wait to see her.  A very abbreviated First Friday celebration preceded my drive into Boston. I cringed when I saw the state of traffic leaving Boston knowing I would be facing it on the return trip.
Her plane a little early which only complicated the danger. I walked up to her near the baggage claim and my heart skipped a couple beats. That old wives’ tale about pregnant women glowing has a basis in fact - at least if my daughter is used as an example. I tried to take charge of everything she was carrying only be curtly reminded that she was not an invalid. Her excellence extended to control of the traffic as the gridlocked highways were miraculously clear as we departed Boston. It was an all too short a ride to catch up on our respective movie watching and book reading.
A Very Happy Time at the Airport
Our rapid return to Worcester through a wrench into my wife’s plan (lifestyle) of always being late as she was not ready for our planned dinner out when we arrived. Another miracle transpired when she got ready in world record time (for her). A very hungry pregnant daughter has a remarkable ability to inspire. We decided to return to our old haunt Zorba’s in honor of our daughter’s arrival.
The Zorba Table
We hadn’t been back since we moved and it actually felt a little weird being back. The pizza was still every bit as good as remembered although the Panamanian side of the table had weird vegetable stuff strewn over theirs. The late dinner precluded a stop at Ronnie’s for ice cream (the ABFA would have been upset). We corrected that upon arriving home where the Cali-Daughter and I had some covered in chocolate sauce. She also re-commenced her attempt to educate me in pop culture and had me watching a new TV show she heartily recommended. It’s called Mr. Robot and predictably – I loved it. Something to catch up on over the coming weeks.

My Wife Mining for Cherries in the Sangria
She's Going to Kill Me
The day will be almost complete when the favorite son and the ABFA arrive shortly. All that will be missing is the Wingman – currently airborne on his way to Australia and the Shire. He’ll be in our thoughts today as the female of the species head for the baby shower and any attending males assist me in a recon mission in Worcester pubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment