Saturday, August 15, 2015

Blog Reader Nest Commencing

A rather mundane yesterday despite being the Frist Friday of the Week and a particularly spectacular New England summer day. The Frist Friday crowd was reduced to just my excellent boss and myself which we somehow struggled through. There is some sort of construction on the major interstate passing through Worcester which has gridlocked Friday afternoon traffic. One of the good things about my job is knowing virtually every street in the city which allowed some serious cutbacks through the hilly back streets to reach Brew City (sacrifices must be made).
My Beautiful Date at Val's Last Night
My favorite Panamanian was back in our old neighborhood yesterday on some important business. We received word that construction has started on our beachfront condo in Panama so another payment was due. She went back to our old bank branch as they were familiar with the bank transfer process to the bank in Panama since they did it for the first payment. She stopped by to see a couple of our neighbors who reported the new house owners allow their children to use one of her old gardens as a bicycle track. After this startling news she had to get her hair done. I’m not sure I followed the logic but I’ve learned that my understanding is not an important factor. She did look fabulous, but she did before the hair appointment as well. We went out for dinner to Val’s again, where she’s hosting the baby shower for the Cali-Daughter next Saturday.
Wingman Hard at Work
Speaking of the Cali-Daughter; she and the Wingman reported arrival of the first of our baby shower gifts – a crib. The Wingman was hard at work assembling the future resting place for the First Blog Reader and the impending Mom was beaming. Seeing pictures of the nest construction starting was definitely the highlight of the day. The best part in reality is that less than seven days remain until the Cali-Daughter returns to the right coast, albeit for only a short time. Sufficient time though for the future Gramma to enjoy her journey into that realm.

Success!
We returned home and were shortly out in the back yard we share with the Mafiosos. We spent the next couple hours out there as the sun set with that couple exchanging stories and poking fun at each other. It was the perfect way to end what had already been a very good day.
My addiction to Matthew Scudder took another hit as not one but two pre-ordered novels showed up on my Kindle. I rampaged through the first in less than two days since it featured my old buddy - Scot Horvath. Code of Conduct by Brad Thor has to be the most intense thriller Thor has produced in the series and that is lofty praise indeed. Horvath is on a mission to the Congo when he stumbles upon a plan to eliminate 95% of the earth's population. The rest of the book is truly impossible to put down as the apocalyptic plan starts to unwind. Its rare that a book can capture the emotions of a roller-coaster ride but Thor has succeeded. This is definitely the most exciting book I've read in a very long time. I'm going to have to go back and read it again at a more leisurely pace because I'm sure I missed a lot of details with my headlong rush to see how it all turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment