Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Again! C’mon!!

I’m beginning to think Monday took personal exception to my recent diatribes as to its general putridity (aha! it is a word!). After a fantastic weekend I was at least not faced with another “event” with Buddy’s digestive system. This week I decided to do it to myself. There I was trying to be modern man and help out with the household chores. I’m thinking however that it is better to remove your wallet from your pants before you put them in the washing machine. At least it gave me a reason to perform that dreaded task of assessing what is actually needed in the wallet. The water made some of its own selections. It’s kind of amazing what ends up in a wallet and then forgotten about. My wife was more than ready to assist in the effort and even took the high road on my intelligence level for doing it in the first place.
I think this was due to her plans for me as soon as I came home from work. Since we used the entire weekend to have fun the planned project of installing curtain rods had been delayed. Monday struck again in full force as I spent three hours on this last evening. Another one of the great things about getting old is the body’s reaction to physical labor. Apparently there are muscles only used when you turn a screw driver. While I acknowledge I haven’t kept these muscles in top form, I take serious objection to have them to start barking at me before I finished the first window (with eight more to go). We needed the curtains though as working on my tan with the early summer sun was not something I treasure a couple hours before the alarm goes off.
My Blister Mediation Technique
I’m turning into a cream puff because half way through the project I opened up a blister on the palm of my hand, in addition to puncturing the tip of my index finger in a separate event (my son is laughing right now). My wife always says she can tell where I do work around the house – just follow the blood trail. She did raise her eyebrows at the method I used to continue working though – duct tape has so many uses.

Welcome Remy!!!!!
In entirely more pleasant news my failure to bring Buddy with us down to Rhode Island on Sunday must have kicked in my sister’s need for a Labrador fix. My namesake nephew proudly proclaimed the arrival of a yellow lab named Remy to the clan. If his pictures are any indication he’s going to be a lot of fun to have around. He must have done something right in a former life to end up under my sister’s roof or as Buddy refers to it – “The place where dreams come true and begging works every time”. Welcome to the fam Remy!
Namesake Nephew and Remy Last Night
I Think These Two Are Going to Get Along

No comments:

Post a Comment