Saturday, June 27, 2015

Transplant Taking

The Supreme Court declared yesterday that marriage is one of humanity’s oldest traditions and should therefore be available to all who are ready to honor and love one another. I know the far right is exploding in indignation but they should seriously consider joining the rest of us in the 21st century. It is more important how you treat your partner than who that partner is.
Yesterday was the first First Friday undertaken since moving into Worcester. The big question to be addressed was a replacement for Zorba’s on the Friday dance card. This will only accomplished through extensive and thorough reconnaissance. Before that onerous duty was undertaken though I had the reassuring familiarity of another First Friday kick off at Brew City. The operations manager arrived first but couldn’t make his usual texting proclamation since he forgot his phone. Our favorite waitress, Therese, volunteered to send me a very funny text heaping scorn on said operations manager, much to his delight. She magnanimously granted me permission to take credit for acquiring her phone number since it has been decades since I “pulled some digits” at a bar. For some reason my wife was not as enthusiastic when I reported my accomplishment although I think both ladies realize I’m harmless.
Cali-Daughter Ran Into an Old Army Brat Buddy Yesterday in L.A. 
The very short ride home exposed me to the migration of my wife’s plants from the basement. She’s finally decided where the vast array of greenery will be placed in the new house so Buddy’s jungle like setting in the basement rapidly dissipated. She did not particularly appreciate with some of my less than complimentary commentary on the weight of the plants as I struggled up from the basement with her “children”.
We were soon off to commence our reconnaissance in force in Northern Worcester. The first target was Oli’s Italian Eatery which is connected to a well-known Italian bakery so the olfactory element was immediately appreciated. The pizza was very good and while they did not serve my usual swill they did have a variety of microbrews on tap that would make even such noted connoisseurs as the Favorite Son and Wingman happy. The only down note was a distinct lack of frozen mudslides for a certain Panamanian which means the search will continue next Friday. We did polish off what could be the best ever chocolate lava cake in record fashion so a return engagement is not without prospect.
Wife Inside Oli's
We returned home only to see my wife abducted by our next door Panamanian and the greatest danger of our new living location was realized. They went shopping!!! Of course this allowed me some “quiet time” on relocated Couch Potato Position #1 which was summarily enjoyed. I awoke from my closed eyed enjoyment of the Red Sox game to find the shoppers returned triumphant from one of their favorite haunts –The Christmas Tree Shoppe. My wife bought some more “stuff” because we divested ourselves of so much of the same over the past month that some sort of primordial need must have seeped in. I have two new linen storage cabinets to assemble.


To celebrate their successful hunt we decamped to the next door neighbor’s house for a very entertaining couple of hours around their kitchen island. This was a perfect way to end a trying week as the medical power of hanging out with good friends cannot be underestimated. Then there was the thirty foot commute to our back door when the party broke up. This Worcester transplant is turning into a very positive thang.
A Friend Posted this on Facebook - Too Funny Once You Get It

No comments:

Post a Comment