Friday, June 19, 2015

Gone to Mattresses

In a Puzo like moment of clarity, the great packing exercise enters its final phase. The beds came down last night with the mattresses now on the floor. Our bed is one of those Bombay Company masterpieces with a thousand matrix like pieces that requires a Rhodes scholar to assemble. Since none of those were available we had to make do with yours truly. It wasn't pretty but I'm fairly certain I'll be able to put it back together. I did find getting out of the low lying bed this morning was a tad more interesting than I bargained for.
Every single box, to include yet another bunch acquired on my way home last night, is full and awaiting the move. One of the final acts was encasing our living room furniture in saran wrap – that was fun. Almost as much as attacking the crusted life forms I found living in the bottom of the basement refrigerator. I’m truly exhausted and I haven’t moved a single box yet. Luckily the forces of light will be checking in starting tonight to assist with the move. I wouldn’t even attempt this without such great family and friends to assist. Like I’ve said so many times, I am truly blessed.

The biggest benefit for the move, at least for you readers, is that I am going off the net for the weekend. I don’t think it would be prudent to take time out over the next couple days to sit down and write. The next Frail Deeds installment will not be until Monday, at the earliest. That is assuming I survive the next couple days. You are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment