Saturday, June 6, 2015

Leased

A Dream Realized
My June menu of events continued to snowball yesterday as my wife came to my office in Worcester so we could meet with our future landlord. Before the meeting my wife finally got to realize her long held desire to sit in my lap in my office. Ever since I graduated to offices in the military she’s campaigned to be hired as my secretary so she could do this. I was never brave enough to ask if this was acceptable behavior for non-spousal secretaries – didn’t seem like a safe subject to broach.
Inspecting the Future Kitchen
We toured the future house again which also offered the opportunity to measure using a couple rooms to see if we have furniture that will fit into the smaller rooms. My wife seems more comfortable every time she sees the house which promises to make my life a little easier over the next couple weeks as we disengage from our current beloved(except the driveway) home.
After signing the lease we walked next door to what is truly the best thing about the new house – the proximity of close friends. This promises to be a great move, it only took me five minutes to get there from my office. We went out to lunch as we began our neighborhood reconnaissance to locate nearby resources. Significantly, we are less than five minutes from Worcester’s biggest movie theater – so we’ve got that going for us (me) as well.
The Living Room
First Friday celebrations provided the requisite cooling down period from a week spent wrestling with scheduling software and IT companies with a healthy dose of union negotiations thrown in. The operations manager failed to attend so we (including the waitress) dutifully informed him via photo message that he was not missed.

My Excellent Boss and the First Friday Waitress
A return home found my wife leaving for a yoga class that delayed Zorba’s while I assumed couch potato position #1. My daughter called from New York where she was similarly exhausted, matching her pregnancy challenges with my advancing age to arrive at the same state. The meetings in New York went well for her this week and she’ll head back to L.A. on Sunday after a Curbside Gal baptism featuring her debut as a godmother. My favorite son backed out of his hinted weekend visit so I’m going to see if my wife is up to helping me lower the television off the wall. If you hear a primordial scream emanating from central Massachusetts, you’ll know it did not go well.
We Did Eventually Make it Zorba's Where My Wife's Mudslide Obsession Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment