Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Roasting and Remote Sighting

I’m sitting at home right now trapped in the house by a fairly healthy coating of ice on everything.  The rain/ice line was supposed to be north of us but the New England weather forecasters or I should say their computers got it wrong.  I had an interesting skate down the driveway this morning to see if the newspaper made it – it didn’t.  Worcester is in chaos as I wasn’t the only one surprised by the ice.  Buddy is confused that I’m dressed for work but didn’t head downstairs for the car and his customary toll of a milk bone treat.
The Driveway This Morning
Speaking of treats – my wife has finally come over to what she thought of as the dark side in terms of my weekly lunches.  When she’s gone for her winter tropical sojourns I invariably invest in a pot roast cook on Sunday to provide lunches for the entire week.  She’s always tried to make a more cosmopolitan consumer out of me so I guess she’s thrown in that towel because she decided on pot roast this week.  I like to think she’s finally realized a well-cooked pot roast is the highest form of culinary delight. 
So Good
On the garage remote front - there has been a sighting!  I took the erroneous remote back to the rental office yesterday and the agent there called the person who rented the car after I turned it in.  That person confirmed the remote was with the car and I’ll get it back when she turns the car in on Wednesday.  I was impressed with Enterprise Car Rentals in this whole situation.  The customer service reps really bent over backwards to help me overcome my idiocy.  I’ll definitely go back there.
As fate would have it I’m going to be matched up against my son in the second round of fantasy football playoffs.  It’s only appropriate after all the subversive comments I’ve made about him in his role as commissioner.  My four best players are all going up against tough defenses so he may get the ultimate revenge – but it has certainly been more fun than even they promised. 

Well I’m going to head downstairs now and get Buddy his treat and try the skate into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment