Saturday, November 23, 2013

Return to Form Down Memory Lane

Yesterday was all about getting back into the Friday routine which was difficult because work (of all things!)  kept intruding.  Undaunted by this egregious attack on my desire to finish what had been a pretty tough week off we persevered.  My excellent boss decreed that a First Friday was required.
Our Table At Brew City Last Night
I am not one to argue the logic of marking the passage of the first Friday of the week so I finished off a meeting with the union and became the quartering party at Brew City.  My excellent boss showed up and we were soon joined by another co-worker who brought along a visiting relative from County Sligo in Ireland.  She turned out to be a lot of fun to hang out with and our more than outstanding waitress kept supplying us with complementary hand made potato chips.

While this was a very good start of Friday evening it only got better when I returned home to a mildly disapproving wife (might have been a tad late and overly effusive).  I think she knew how much I needed the break and we were soon firmly attached to the bar at Zorba’s.  Since we were a little later than usual we had to wait for a table.

The owner was back and noticed us at the bar and we were summarily moved to a table and blessed with the gorgeously competent waitress I’ve written about before.  I think the owner was trying to make up for the only bad experience we had at Zorba’s in the hundreds of times we’ve been there.  The pizza arrived almost before the first beer was down range.  I was admiring the competence of the waitress when I got kicked under the table.  I’m guessing my admiration as she walked away had drifted south from competence.
The Company was Awesome at Zorba's Last Night
I’ve come to treasure these Friday nights at Zorba’s with my wife and I’ve trained myself to studiously ignore the large televisions festooned around the place spewing all manner of sports.  It’s become a time to catch up with each other without the siren lure of the couch or telephones to pull us away from each other.  It really is like a date except it’s with the person who knows me best in the world (hence the kick) and vice versa. 
And the Desserts Were Not Too Shabby
Thank God for Keto Vacation Day
During the day yesterday I was delving into the nether regions of my brief case and found a memory stick that I had completely forgotten about.  It was covered in dust and debris and I was curious about what was on it.  It turned out to have hundreds of photos from years ago.  I spent the entire lunch hour going through them and wandering down some great memories.  I picked a few to share.
We've Been Hanging with the Keene Friend For a While Now
My Son (Red Shirt) Surrounded by his Friends at One of his Epic Summer Parties 
My Daughter Sleeping on Christmas Morn with Two Old Friends
Estrella and Skyla - Gone but not Forgotten
My Daughter (Yellow Dress) and Her Friends at her NYC Bacherlotte Party

My Daughter and I in the Vintage Limo About to Walk Her Down that Scary Aisle

The Fam - Luckily I have Large Hands

The Fam Grows - Adding Son in Law and Buddy the Wonder Pooch

The Fam in Panama

My Wife's Epic Flip Cup Win Defeating Eight Guys
Ask Her About it
My Wife and I at the Academy Awards Theater

We Did Not Check into this Motel

Putting Plastic Nails on My Daughter's Disapproving Cat Mindy
New Leather Couch - Don't You Know

Special Place in My Heart for Skyla Larma - Warrior Princess

My Son (Squatting in front) and His Magnificent Friends in the Back Yard

Vegas Baby!

Christmas Morn With Big Sister - Last Time We Had a Small Tree

Christmas Morn Again - The Name One of My Daughter's Early Boyfriends Bestowed On Me

No comments:

Post a Comment