Saturday, November 16, 2013

Birthday Bonanza

My Big Sister
It’s awful hard to write when Buddy the Wonder Pooch is chasing his favorite human all over the house.  My son can still stay ahead of the desperate lab.  Buddy did however, for the first time ever, join in singing happy birthday for someone and it is completely appropriate that it is for my big sister because she dotes on him.  I’ve been blessed with my sisters and today’s my slightly elder sister’s day although her beloved mother in law’s continued brave fight will leach away much of the festivity.

My big sister has always been there for me and despite being the annoying little brother while we were growing up we found a deep and abiding friendship starting in college.  It helps that she married the brother I’ve always been looking for.  So, it’s a tough time for her but I’m still going to celebrate the fantastic person she is. 
My Sister in Law and I Back in the 1980s
It’s also my sister in law’s birthday today, kind of strange kismet at work.  I can understand all the November birthdays in New England – it’s really cold in February.  Panama is significantly less so.  She’s a real spitfire and a lot of fun to hang out with.
Lunch Yesterday with Wife
Speaking of birthdays my wife and son teamed up to make mine a lot of fun.  My wife showed up at my office to take me out to lunch and the undermanned office gals presented a triple chocolate cake.
Happy Hour at the House
My Wife Did Eventually Release her Hold on Our Son
Just Not Right Away

It Wouldn't Be A Birthday Without a Cake and Sword
My son arrived after work and my wife arranged for the Panamanian Mafia to show up for an extended happy hour at the house.  We ended up laughing for almost three hours straight which about the best birthday I could have hoped for.  There is no substitute for good times with friends.  Buddy even managed to avoid disciplinary visits to his cage for the entire night, a first. 
Only Minor Damage to the Ceiling

Today I’m launching with my support team for hopefully an epic pub crawl through my home town.  If I can get Buddy to stop chasing my son long enough for him to get ready.  To prevent myself from wimping out I’m going to boldly state we will hit the following pubs, this is not a plan but a promise:

Waxy O’Conners
Penuche’s
Cobblestone
Lab & Lager
Kilkenny Pub
Scores Sports Bar
Railroad Tavern
The Pour House
Elm City Brewery
Margarita’s

Check in tomorrow for a recounting of this epic endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment