Thursday, November 21, 2013

Casa Futuro

Yesterday was a typical hump day marathon, especially after spending all of Tuesday away from my desk.  It’s always strange when my daily routine is interrupted and then resumed after a day’s worth of events requiring attention.  There were some cool developments like some of decision challenged subordinates finally stepping up.  I actually asked one of them why they didn’t do this on a more consistent basis – he looked confused by the question.

At least my son was available for our weekly Hump Day Lunch and I checked in on the gallant progress of his “goatee”.  We re-lived the past Saturday’s pub crawl which is now passing into the realm of legend and appropriate exaggeration.  I also delivered the required “sketchy tool” counseling demanded by his sister.  These lunches are truly the best hedge against insanity I’ve found – just a great break from the mundane.
My Son and I Yesterday With his Brave Facial Hair
Things at home were a little bleaker as my wife was reacting poorly to her annual flu shot.  Since she’s the morale officer at the house this was not good news; much less chirpiness.  Buddy, as with most canines, sensed she was feeling poorly and tried to lift her spirits by stealing her shoes.  I don’t think it had the effect he was hoping for.

My wife recently received an update from the architect down in Panama on his design of the home we hope to build down there shortly.  She shared them with the engineer son over the past weekend who took offense that he wasn’t consulted more closely.  She gets upset that I don’t offer more opinions but I really want this to be her dream house and I know she’d change something she really wants if I get too involved.  My lone requirements:  pool, home theater, bar.  We hope to start building late in 2014 after we get through the son-MEF linkup.  Here are some of the latest renderings of the future house.
The Current Design, Pool in the Middle

Front View
 
Aerial View - Not Sure What the Tower is For

No comments:

Post a Comment