Saturday, November 9, 2013

Renovating Friday

Yesterday was spent coasting into the weekend – at least for me with the mundane task of going to work.  The Panamanian Mafia approved handyman showed up to install the shower door in the master bath room and the new side door.  My sole contribution to the effort was making some coffee, incarcerating the Wonder Pooch before I left, and of course, paying for it.  As I left for work we were being inundated by the first snowfall of the year.  Only the stubborn oak trees still have their leaves on, my favorite time of year is ending.

First Snowfall
My wife remained on site and not to be outdone by the all the work going on decided to paint one of the guest bed rooms.  I checked to make sure she was wearing a more appropriate painting outfit this time than greeted me earlier in the week when she painted.  She said the handyman was pretty advanced in years and therefore she was garbed appropriately, not wanting to cause any cardiac events.  She tartly informed me if he had been a young man then all bets were off.
The New, Wife Approved Shower Door Installed
The results were uniformly awesome.  I even received spousal approval on the shower door selection.  There were some holes in the logic on my other selection.  My wife called during the day to report there was an extra hole in the side door that the contractor had filled with paper towel.  I had chosen a door with an aperture for a deadbolt even though the door being replaced did not have one.  So today I get to learn how to install a deadbolt.
The Door With The Extra Hole
My peerless boss declared yesterday was the First Friday of the Week and therefore needed to be celebrated at Brew City before we headed home.  I considered this a worthy sacrifice of time and effort.  My wife was less enthusiastic about my decision process but this did give her time to clean up from painting preparing for Friday Zorba time.
First Friday of the Week Celebrated at Brew City
After marveling at the professional quality of her painting job we made a bee line for Zorbas.  We had a novel experience there – poor service.  We had a new waitress and she was definitely not up to the usual, almost superhuman efficiency we’ve become accustomed to.  I spied a pizza sitting I the delivery window for well over ten minutes and wondered if it was ours.  Eventually the waitress swung by and delivered this pizza to our table.  Fortunately Zorbas pizza is so good that it tastes fantastic even when it’s a little cold around the edges.
My Wife Admiring Her Handiwork
Since we’re a regular Friday night fixture at Zorba’s the owner made her customary swing by the table to say hi.  This turned out to be bad news for our waitress.  The owner had spied us looking around a few times during the evening and asked some very direct questions about the quality of our service.  I tried to be gentle because I didn’t want a saliva graced pizza in the future if we get the same waitress again.
My Very Cute Date Sporting Her Customary Sangria
Finally in a huge surprise, the author I wrote about yesterday, Tom Kratman, actually read the blog and took me to task about casting aspersions on his singing ability.  For the record, Tom Kratman is indeed blessed with a singularly remarkable singing voice.

The Pizza Was Still Tasty - oh and the Beer Wasn't All that Bad Either
Sporting What My Big Sister Calls my S---Eating Grin

No comments:

Post a Comment