Friday, August 5, 2022

Meeting Walls and a Reset

Today had to be the nastiest weather since I started the back yard project, just walking outside was enough to start sweating. No problemo though as it just happens to be the first Friday that’s occurred this week and we all know (or should know) what that means. Before I wax philosophic about the impending celebrations, I spent a couple more hours on wall construction this morning and resorted to using the garden hose to soak the back of my head a few times. I was faced with one of the most concerning aspects of the wall build – the link up with the other wall when I completed the circuit. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good because the walls came together like I knew what I was doing and we all know better than that. With the bases of the two walls connected, all I have left to do is add a few more bricks to complete the build. That will happen tomorrow before traveling to the hometown brew fest (psyched!!!!!!).

Day 26 Completed

Favorite Panamanian Snapped Some Pictures Yesterday While I was Working

Dermatologist Should be Happy, Long Sleeve Shirt and Pants

View Towards Deckzilla, Pipe I had to Cut Out on the Stairs 
I made a tactical error while I was chipping away at the face of the hill to fit in the wall blocks. My new Apple watch doesn’t like the physical blows the arms take when I run into a rock which is virtually every time I strike the hill. The watch has a magnetic watch band which loosened every time this happened. The error I made was putting the watch into my pocket, secretly hoping I would still get credit for all the activity (Soxfather passed on his fascination with closing the activity circles each day). After I finished up and put the watch back on, it notified me that I needed to reset it since, as it was bouncing around in my pocket, it kept looking for the pass code and getting the wrong answer.

Daughter and FBR Sweating Out a Bike Ride Yesterday
My “kids” are my usual “go to” resource for anything technology related, but they are both gainfully employed so I didn’t want to bother them. I went online and asked google how I was supposed to reset and then resynch my watch to my iPhone. While it wasn’t without some issues and some pretty blue language from a certain retired military officer, I eventually figured it out. My son and daughter are now picking themselves up off the floor where they fell from the sheer surprise at that last statement. Even more astonishing, I’d actually created a backup of the settings (don’t know how that happened). I used that to restore and resynch the watch and it’s as if I hadn’t pulled the boneheaded pocket activity grab in the first place. I may have just snuck into the 21st century, technology-wise. Now – it’s on the First Friday!!!!

Two movies fell in my A-Z effort, both keepers: American Graffiti (still stands test of time - great music) and American Hustle (non-stop cleavage and epic combover).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather namad after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment