Friday, August 19, 2022

Imminent Domainship

This will be a short post because I have granddaughters inbound. I should more correctly state that “we” have granddaughters inbound because my Favorite Panamanian takes this very seriously. I’m thinking their actual arrival might mean more rest for me which is a paradoxical statement at best. We’re as ready as we can be with a couple surprises in store for them, such as the new bunkbed in the official granddaughter room. I just returned from the grocery store where I purchased, for the first time ever, Star Wars pancakes, who knew. My Favorite Son in on the road with the BRS and BR3 although only the BRS will be staying the week with us.

Daddy/Daughter Week Participants

Surprise!
The FBR will arrive tomorrow with her parents who will also be revealing the huge birthday surprise they/we have in store for her in November. We’ll have a tough act to follow up as Wingman just completed a very strenuous daddy/daughter week with the FBR where she was seemingly constantly entertained. We’ll just have to do our best. The coolest thing is with their all too rapidly increasing ages, they’re more focused on each other than what the silly grandparents are doing. We just have to be available for cookies and popsicles. Great work if you can get it.

I'm So Cool

This Glass is Thick, Right?

Wingman Wasn't the Only One Tired Out
Two movies fell in my A-Z effort, both definite keepers: Armageddon (may be the best action movie ever made) and Army of Darkness (Bruce Campbell – give me some sugar baby)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment