Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Dirt Day

I’m feeling as if I’m approaching the end of the hill eradication effort in the back yard. I thought I had at least three days left but made better progress today than I anticipated. I made more trips up the hill with the two buckets full of dirt than I have on any other day. As I was carving into the last major hunk of the hill my mind started to wander (as it is wont to do) and I reflected how lucky I had been when it came to large rocks. That’s not to say I haven’t had my share of rocks, there’s been hundreds, but most were a little bigger than fist size with a few a little bigger than head sized. I should have known better. In the “careful what you wish for” category I soon had two very large rocks to deal with, both requiring a crow bar to pry out of the hill after I’d dug around the edges. Still, I figure the rest of the hill will fall tomorrow and the wall construction can continue.

Day 24 Progress - The Hill Falls Tomorrow
We had fun conversations with the granddaughters last evening. The FBR referred to her upcoming stay with us as “Grandpa and Abuela Camp”. Very cool, I haven’t been a camp counselor since Camp Wakanda in the 1970s. The New Hampshire bunch is into their second week at the beach house but my Favorite Son returned to work, commuting from there. Apparently BR3 was a bit more than a handful yesterday for the ABFA as BR3 heads back to day care tomorrow. She was still bouncing off the walls during our call last night, a handful indeed. The Cantankerous Friend came up on the net earlier this week and invited us to a beer fest back in my hometown. As long as we continue to test negative, I can’t think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I’m sure my Favorite Panamanian will eschew the beer for tax free shopping forays. WE do have granddaughter visits coming up, could get expensive.


Two movies fell in my A-Z effort, both keepers: Amazing Spiderman and Amazing Spiderman 2 (both better than I remembered)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                         

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather namad after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment