Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Let the Pour Begin

I get to celebrate for the second day in a row because today marks the anniversary of the Best Weekend Ever #2 when my Favorite Son wed the ABFA in 2014. The wedding took place in Nashua so a lot of memories were associated as that was where I was supposed to get married many, many years ago. The weekend belonged to the beautiful couple as memories were created that still permeate the family – the epic mother/son dance, the Cantankerous One’s bus ride long marriage to one of the PanaGals, and great moment after great moment. I’ve seen so many wedding disaster movies but I’ve been fortunate enough to have probably the two best weddings ever, which I can now celebrate on consecutive days. Happy Anniversary ABFA and Favorite Son.

Wow, 8 Years Ago
I had to tap into the Favorite Son’s engineering expertise now that I’m in the more technical phase of the patio construction. He gave me some pointers on concrete measurements and calculated how many bags of concrete I need to buy. The pouring started this morning. The first step will be elevating the top of the stepping stones to the level of the future patio floor. I was a little nervous about this but it turned out to be fairly easy. That is except the concrete mixing. I’d forgotten how much “fun” it was to mix; a great arm workout at any rate. I got half the stepping stones elevated before I ran out of concrete. There’ll be another run to Home Depot this evening after the heat breaks. I’ve found there’s a sweet spot right after dinner where you get a great parking spot and no lines at the checkout. Important stuff.

Day 30, Let the 'Crete Flow!
My Favorite Panamanian had some excitement over the past couple days. She’d been summoned to jury duty back during the time she would be in Panama and got an extension until today. We expected she’d be excused when we called the designated number last night but she was instructed to show up at the Worcester court house this morning. There was some serious fretting going on since she’s in the middle of granddaughter/mom visits prep and didn’t want to lose time to an extended trial. I dropped her off this morning and she called just as I was sitting down to write this that she’d been excused. She was relieved but admitted the experience was kind of interesting. It was for a murder trial but that was all the detail she would share since the judge admonished everyone to not talk about the trial. She must have made an impression since getting my better half to be quiet is something I’m completely incapable of.

Three movies fell in my A-Z effort, mainly because one was so bad, I couldn’t keep watching so only 2 keepers: American Pie Band Camp (terrible, what was I thinking), American President (Reiner knows how to tug on heart strings) and American Sniper (fake baby distractions).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Namesake Nephew – son of Great Aunt and Soxfather named after me; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment