Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Dreaded T-Line

The inevitable has happened. I kind of figured I’d catch Covid after my Favorite Panamanian tested positive when we returned from New Jersey. I was negative on Sunday but having spent three+ hours unmasked in the car with her on the drive back from New Jersey, the two drives to/from Rhode Island and then sleeping in the same bed on Friday night, I figured I was doomed. I started feeling a scratchy throat on Monday but it never got any worse and still hasn’t. I had to run out for a couple errands on Monday but I was masked up for the entire time. I also didn’t go to the Y for my swim workout since I figured I was dangerous.

I agreed to take another test today and it came back very positive, no faded t-line here. This was just the ammunition my Favorite Panamanian needed to pursue some serious supervision. She said I shouldn’t be working on the back hill, even though that hasn’t been a problem, even after the symptoms appeared. It’s like therapy for me, so I’m going to keep that up. I also said I didn’t need to contact my doctor since I knew what protocols I should be following and didn’t need Paxlovid. Undeterred, my Favorite Panamanian reached out to Great Aunt, the family health expert. She came up on the net in her MOSP personae (her childhood appellation of Miss Oh So Perfect) and said I needed to contact the doctor based on my two bouts of cancer (prostate and skin).

On, With Some Help Blowing out Candles

Birthday Body Surrounded by Beautiful Ladies

Cake Passing Inspection by BRS & BR3
Great Aunt apologized for her advice but claimed it was her duty as the eldest (her words). I told her that my Favorite Panamanian needed no help in the supervision department as she is the closest thing in my life to inevitable. She would have kept at me until I did it. I bowed to the pressure of these two ladies and have informed my doctor of the positive test. I’m still going to keep working on the hill though. Therapeutic properties are just what is needed in this situation. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Speaking of the hill I achieved a significant milestone today by finishing off the hill to the right side of the style challenged fire place. The wall is creeping around to the front. I’ll count it as a win if the fireplace doesn’t fall into the newly excavated area.  I love the pick axe. I now know what they meant with the old saying, turning big rocks into small ones.

Coming Around the Fireplace Turn
Day 18 Progress
Speaking of therapy, I’ve reached the end of the first shelf of my DVD rack in my A-Z effort. 44 movies down and only two didn’t make the cut; only 26 more shelves to go. At least I have some alone time coming to me during quarantine. We were able to see my Favorite Son blow out the candles on his birthday cake via Facetime last night. It brought home how much we missed being there but my heart was filled when the BRS asked where the sword was to cut the cake. Bonecrusher was missed! I assured her that it remains a family tradition to cleave birthday cakes with the broadsword and we would do it any the earliest Non-Covid convenience.

Two movies fell in my A-Z effort, both keepers: Air Force One (maybe a top 100, great action) and Airplane (silliest movie other than the Holy Grail ever made and still funny)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment