Friday, July 29, 2022

Isolated Rest

I’m taking some semi-serious flak from a certain Panamanian about my insistence to continue the daily two hours (that’s why it’s taking so long – I only work in the shade) digging into the back hill on my patio project while I/m dealing with Covid. I would agree with her if this felt anything more than a mild cold. Bowing to the female pressure of the impressive tag team of my Favorite Panamanian and Great Aunt, I acquired some Paxlovid yesterday. I understand what my wife has been saying about the sour taste as there’s a lingering metallic taste after starting it. It also helped me sleep last night which I guess is a good thing. The progress on the back hill wall will come to a screeching halt after today as I’ve run out of bricks and can’t leave the house to pick up more until my quarantine ends on Sunday. I don’t think it’s something I can ask my Favorite Panamanian to do (and remain married).

Today's Progress - Day 20
That’s fine though as I’m now entering the meaty part of the hill so there will be plenty of dirt to carry up the hill until I get more bricks; for those of you who were worried. I’m sure there were many of you intensely concerned I would be facing First Friday celebrations today without beer. Perish the thought. I dipped into my ample reserves and have more than enough to properly recognize this august day of the week. No contact with the grandkids yesterday. It’s almost as if they have lives of their own to lead. Go figure. Happy First Friday everybody!

Two movies fell in my A-Z effort, both keepers as I start in on my collection of the Alien movies: Alien (holds up so well especially with 1970s special effects) and Aliens (definitely in my top 100, Ripley rules!).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment