Saturday, July 30, 2022

Clubhouse Turn

We are concluding our week with the wholly unwelcome houseguest, Covid-19, finally acknowledging its eviction notice. We can see the proverbial light at the end of what hasn’t been that dark a tunnel. My Favorite Panamanian finished her course of Paxlovid this morning and was up and dressed for the first time since Sunday. Too much time in pajamas is not conducive to feeling better. That is, of course, my humble opinion only. I’m into my second day of Paxlovid. As it has been since the start of my experience with the virus, it hasn’t been that bad. I can feel more serious symptoms lingering in the background but nothing manifests itself. My nose occasionally get stuffy and there is the odd cough every now and then but it hasn’t slowed me down at all.

First Friday FaceTime Last Night
Son Had Already Left to Chase Down BR3
My quarantine will continue for another day and then I’ll have to wear a mask for another ten days but it’s not as if we haven’t been trained in that over the past few years. In an indication of just what a stand up person Great Aunt is, when she read yesterday’s blog post about not being able to get more bricks for the wall (there might be a song in there somewhere) she offered to drive up and pick up the bricks for me. I mean, who does that?! She is special, especially after she was having a down day herself having to tackle organizing Soxfather’s clothes for donation, including a shirt that she hated but he loved which brought tears to her eyes. My elder sister is some kind of special. I declined her kind offer as I have more than enough dirt to move as I attack the meat of the hill.

Today's, Day 21, Progress
Our Family First Friday call was its typical hilarious. The FBR projected superiority as only a six-year-old can. At the Hampton Beach House my Favorite Son was trying to keep up with the antics of the BRS and BR3. The BRS was typically naked, something her dad is sincerely hoping she outgrows before her teenage years. BR3 was in high voice and we learned they had taken her to her day care class on Thursday. Apparently BR3 doesn’t like the beach in the morning and wants to leave after five minutes. Any parent will tell you a determined two-year-old can be a major disrupter and BR3 is more talented and determined than most. It was a win win situation as she loves hanging with her friends at day care while the family had a peaceful morning at the beach. I told them I would still put it in the blog so BR3 could read this when she was eighteen and learn she preferred day care to the beach.  

Two movies fell in my A-Z effort, both keepers as I continued in my collection of the Alien movies: Alien 3(Fincher should be shot for what he did to the franchise) and Alien Resurrection (Alien meets Firefly).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS:                                        

ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete - my daughter in law; BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3; BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter; First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; Soxfather - my brother in law; Tia Loca – wife’s younger sister; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment