Friday, November 20, 2020

Supernatural Goodbyes

One of my most sincere guilty pleasures over the past fifteen years has been the TV show, Supernatural. I was exposed to the show shortly after I retired from the Army by my Favorite Son with whom I share a fascination with the horror genre. It was a great ride as brothers Sam and Dean Winchester cut a wide swath through demonic hordes before their final confrontation with god himself, who turned out to be kind of a dick. The show could get kind of silly at times but that was part of the charm and they certainly loved to poke fun at themselves insuring that no one was taking their fantastical story too seriously. My Favorite Panamanian’s and my movie night ended early enough last evening that I was able to take in the two hour series finale, as with everything in 2020, delayed several months by the Covid. It was a fitting send off for the battle worn brothers but I’m still going to miss my regular visits to the world of the Winchesters.

Goodbye Sam and Dean
After hounding the garage door company for the better part of a week I finally have an installation date for the new garage door. I’ll have to pray there is no plowable snow until December 4th when the new door gets installed. I will be praying because the snow blower is effectively trapped behind the currently non-functional door. We all know if it does snow I’m going to find a way to get the machine out there but that being said, if forced to do so, it is potentially not very pretty and would involve serious hand wringing by the wife.

BR3 Play Date Inbound

BRS is Ready to Go

BR3 Contemplating Abuela Hugs

My Granddaughter - Absolutely Dominating the Outfit

BR3 is Ready

When do we Leave?!
Morale will experience a huge regeneration this weekend with the overnight visit from the Favorite Son and the ABFA accompanied by their entourage consisting of the BRS and BR3. While I truly enjoyed last week’s pub crawl (bit of an understatement there) I missed having my usual pub crawl wingman in my son. I didn’t think it was fair to have him exposed to the dangers his old man was stupid enough to chance. Next year. At any rate he still wanted to come and help me celebrate which means the world to me and one of the only reasons my birthday cake survived long enough to end up in the freezer awaiting this weekend.

Screen Shots from a FBR Facetime Session

With her mom and Pee Wee
The FBR surprised me this morning with a FaceTime call. She’s fallen out of the habit over the past couple weeks which is fine since our calls usually serve as an excuse for her to delay eating her breakfast which probably explains the hiatus in calls. She has a toy guitar which plays silly tunes. Last evening during our call she got both my wife and I dancing to these tunes. She apparently enjoyed the ability to pull our strings and opened her call this morning with the same music and waited with a very judgmental look on her face waiting for us to start gyrating. The joints were creaking a little that early but it was still a fun way to start the day.

Latest Puzzle Finished
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn


No comments:

Post a Comment