Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Election Day 2020

We’re finally here. Today will be a good indicator of how much damage Trump and his Russian enablers have done to our society. I know the Russians don’t give a real hoot about Trump, the person, but they relish the cability to further fracture our sense of unity. This is because, let’s face it, there is nothing more dangerous to our enemies than a unified America. When the history is written about this era, we will have hopefully learned how far back these efforts started and who were the politicians working for the Russians either consciously or otherwise.

Four years ago, on the day after the election, I wrote about the importance of accepting election results even if you don’t agree with them. The next couple nights of election coverage promises to be fascinating when you consider the leviathan forces at work. I’m truly heartened by the explosion of voter turnout which is very good sign for the democrats. The republicans only win if the fractures within the democratic party prevent large numbers of them voting. Trump, if nothing else, has served as a superb motivator to get out the vote, in the most part to vote against him.

Some Late Arriving Photos From Halloween
BRS and one of her Babies

2 Oogie Boogies, FBR on Left

FBR at Pre-School Party

Modeling Mermaid Dress

Trick or Treating With mom and Dad
We had an interesting day here yesterday as a fairly severe wind storm blew through town. For the first time since we moved into this house, we lost power. The neighborhood is blessed with underground power lines so this was an indicator of a much bigger problem. We got power back after an hour but the internet and phone, through our cable company, failed to return. This is more than mildly problematic since I work from home and obviously need the internet. To rub salt in the wound I was only halfway through the first episode of the second season of the Mandalorian which is internet dependent!

Some FBR Modeling Shots

The Kid is a Bona Fide Ham!



Obviously, since I’m posting this, I figured something out. When I was reporting the outage to my boss he said I might be able to use my company issued phone as a mobile wi-fi hotspot. In a move I bragged about to my usual IT consultants, Wingman and my daughter, I figured out how to do just that. Not only that but I also learned I could use both my wife’s and my personal cell phone for hotspots as well. Thank God I went for the unlimited data plan. I was very impressed with myself. After working through the hours long process of getting to talk with an actual person with Spectrum, the cable company, we figured out the power outage fried the modem which provides both the house phone and the internet. It will be replaced on Friday and until then it’s hotspot city. My Favorite Panamanian is on the verge of panic being separated from What’s Up and the phone which means my hair could be significantly grayer by Friday (hopefully not because of election results, again).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment