Tuesday, November 10, 2020

First Bites

We were treated to an important moment in BR3’s life last evening during our FaceTime call. We saw her first experience with solid food. The ABFA prepared some oatmeal and cautiously spooned it into BR3’s mouth. Since anything coming within range of said orifice is immediately placed inside the mouth she had her first taste. It was so funny to watch the range of emotions play over her face. First surprise, followed by consternation, and then a quick gag. I couldn’t tell if she was pleased or angry but she certainly looked fascinated. This might be the first stage of curing the automatic mouthing of anything that comes within range.

The Happy First Biter
Further south the FBR is totally engaged with her birthday tomorrow. She called this morning and proudly proclaimed that tomorrow was a very special day and what did I plan on doing to recognize it. It’s so much fun having her reach the age where we can share these type conversations. I told her she as so special that the Federal government had declared November 11 a national holiday. I’ll let her get a little older before she has to realize she has to share it with veterans.

Screen Captures from the First bites

BR3's First Solid Food

Not Too Sure About This
There is still no concession from the Twitterer in Chief but the American people have inevitability on our side. For all those who are excoriating Trump supporters for his failure to concede, it’s time to look in the mirror. Are you one of those people who incorrectly said, “Not my president” four years ago? At that time, I thought those comments weakened our cultural norm of accepting election results. Well, the shoe is one the other foot now and it’s time to admit you were are as wrong then as those refusing to accept the 2020 results are today. Biden will be our president just as Trump has been. It. Is. Time. To. Heal.

Still Happy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment