Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Sisters Day and Blown In

We’re in the annual birthday extravaganza that started last week with the FBR and ended yesterday with Great Aunt and Tia Loca. These two redoubtable women were born on the same date but to hear Tia Loca allege – decades apart. She’s one of those that starts aging chronologically backwards after reaching a certain point.  It was fun to see both of them yesterday, albeit through a video screen, and to inflict my rendition of happy birthday upon them. Great Aunt has evolved into a very close friend which was totally unforeseen during our youth where I was part of the sibling cabal arranged against “Miss Oh So Perfect”. I now count on her to be my sounding board for just about every major decision in my life. She is quite simply, the best!

M.O.S.P. and Soxfather

Tia Loca (r) and her Son Yesterdays
The FBR continued to celebrate her birthday Saturday while I was out pub crawling with my favorite people. I should add a correction at this point and reveal I was inaccurate when I stated, in my last post, we forgot to make the obligatory drunken phone call to Pittsburgh College Roommate. Apparently, and I have this from very good sources, we did make such a call. I can either plead ignorance or assigned blame to those BFB’s consumed at the Pour House. I have m no memory of the call – the evils of demon alcohol.

Bonecrusher Deployed for Birthday Cake

Extinguishing Candles with Hand Wave

A Pandemic Requirement

I Took it Easy on the Granite

Very Happy Camper
The FBR made use of the outdoor theater Wingman has created to watch football with friends while safely distanced. One of the FBR’s favorite movies is Nightmare Before Christmas (see Halloween posts) and for her birthday she hosted the pack of friends’ from her pre-school bubble to watch that movie out in the back yard. She was still bubbling with excitement when we talked about it the next day. The girl knows how to party (blame it on the genes).

FBR Entertaining in the Back Yard

Birthday Movie Night

A Big Hit
Yesterday was a weird day around the house, even for a Monday. The insulation guys showed up promptly at 8:30 and spent the better part of the day upgrading the winterization of the house. They blew is a serious amount of additional insulation into the attic space and added insulating foam to every nook and cranny they could find. They did a pre-test of how tight the house was and then one afterwards. They said the house was pretty tight to begin with but the improvements they made was akin to closing two windows left open to the elements. The best part – it was all free – paid for as part of the State’s attempt conserve energy.

Latest Puzzle Completed

Insulation Headed to Attic

Piped in from Driveway
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment