Friday, November 6, 2020

Freedom Day

Today is a significant date in my post-surgery recovery as it marks six weeks after the procedure. That means the ten-pound weight limit to lift goes away. While this hasn’t been the most frustrating aspect of my recovery (I promised not to detail the incontinence fight) it has been scrupulously enforced by my Favorite Panamanian. I felt I could have done some lifting a couple weeks after but that’s more attitude than reality. The fact that I have progressed so well is probably due to my wife’s vigilance. I know she will not mind having me re-assume rubbish day responsibilities.

I can Lift, But Still in Pandemia
Watching the presidential election results is fascinating. I guess that’s another aspect of freedom assumed today as Biden is now ahead in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada, and GEORGIA!. I cannot believe he’s carrying a deep south state and it’s an eloquent comment on the Trumpster. Freedom from the Twitterer in Chief. This is what I’m taking away from the election results: the Republicans have actually done pretty well, even picking up seats in the House of Representatives and governorships. This means the Democrats finally put up a candidate that people like me could vote for and it is a damning indictment on the president.

He’s making all kinds of noises about having the election stolen from him but this naked desperation expressing itself. I’ve watched both Fox and CNN and both networks agree and actually predicted this was how the vote count would go. There was unprecedented numbers of Democrats and people (like myself) who chose to vote via the mail because of the dangers of the virus. The president urged people to vote in person which turned out to be the case. In Pennsylvania the Republican legislature directed that the early and mail in votes couldn’t be counted until after the election day in person voters. Predictably the election day voters leaned heavily towards Trump but that lead evaporated as the subsequent mail in votes were counted. In states where they allowed the early votes to be counted ahead of time the exact opposite happened. In Ohio Biden held an initial lead because of the early votes but that was overcome by the election day Trump vote. Of course, the poster boy for delusional thinking can’t see it that way and wants to stop the counting. As more returns come in it’s obvious even Trump’s phalanx of lawyers won’t be able to turn this around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment