Monday, December 2, 2019

Sleep Dep


I think my neighbors are a little P.Oed at me this morning. I was out with the snow blower at 3:30am to clear the driveway. I needed to because I had to get my Favorite Panamanian to the airport. She’s flying down to surprise her mother ahead of Panamanian mother’s day this weekend. So, if you are reading this in Panama and know my wife’s mother – please do not say anything until tomorrow. It’s been kind of a surreal morning. Worcester was absolutely pelted with snow overnight with a foot falling, hence the need for the snow blowing wakeup call for the neighbors.
BRS and FBR Conferring on Sesame Street over the Weekend
Deckzilla Just Before Midnight
I was checking the flight status all evening but the flight was never canceled, hence the need to drive to Boston. I felt like I was driving between parallel dimensions as I crawled along the highways from Worcester. The snow crews had done a fabulous job but there was a steady freezing rain falling as I drove – just all kinds of fun. The snow totals diminished gradually as I got closer to Boston. By the time I reached the airport the temperatures were near fifty and there was no snow on the ground, just flat weird – dimensionally speaking. The drive back was, of course, the exact opposite with conditions steadily worsening the further west I got from Boston. This was not a lot of fun. I just hope I don’t return home tonight to find the neighbors have firebombed my house.
Abuela Time for BRS 



These Two

Soxfather In Thrall to FBR on Friday
This has happened before. Where I have so much fun over a weekend that the cosmos feels the need to balance the ledger to insure I adequately recompense for the joy I’ve encountered. If that is the case then I would make that drive dozens of time for the time I had with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday. Some things are just worth the price.
FBR Throwing Kiss to Abuela from New Jersey this Morning
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment