Friday, December 20, 2019

Chaotic Holiday


Christmas chaos has descended on the house and I could not be happier. Even on a day when I had to sit through another of the monthly board meetings I couldn’t stop smiling. I think it scared the union business agent when he stopped by to parry. My Favorite Panamanian was abducted by fellow Panamanians to make a thunder run to the local malls which consumed virtually the entire day as she didn’t return home until after dinner. She immediately began the final phase of Christmas cookie creation which I understandably endorse wholeheartedly.
The BRS is Also Excited about Christmas
I was sentenced to the Man Cave where I wrapped presents and addressed Christmas cards. My presence was not welcome in the kitchen during this phase due to the alleged increased disappearance of inventory whenever I am present. I actually received a very stern lecture from the FBR during our video call last night when my wife reported I was methodically eating into the stock of Christmas cookies. My wife recruited the FBR and her known ability to supervise me and she very severely directed that I leave the cookies alone until she arrives. I contented myself with the assigned tasks and emptied the DVR list which included the season finale of the HBO series The Watchmen. I’ve enjoyed it immensely with a new take on the genre although there might have a little too much glowing blue penis included. I’m not sure that added to the story.
My Son did a Data Dump This Morning
Of BRS Pictures he'd Been Hoarding

She Loves the Snow

And Crafts
I went up to bed shortly before midnight and found my Favorite Panamanian still hard at work baking while the Hallmark Channel movies played in the background. I asked her how much longer she was going to go and knew enough to retreat when the other answer I received was a withering stare. I guess she felt bad about that because shortly after I slipped into the sheets she came into the room with a sample of the first of the Peanut Butter Blossoms to emerge from the oven. She apologized since I’d already brushed my teeth but I was man enough to take one for the team and eat the cookie. I’m all about sacrifice.
FBR Did Some Art at Doctor's Office Yesterday

This is her Rendering of Wingman
With a Cupcake in the Basket
I awoke this morning to find she had come to bed some time during the night. She mumbled that it was around 3am. She also warned me that the kitchen was in complete disarray and to be careful while preparing my breakfast. Of course I went downstairs to find the kitchen completely pristine. It’s good to know she can still joke around when she’s thoroughly exhausted. I had yet another senior moment this morning when I jumped into the car to drive to the YMCA for my morning swim. I arrived at the Y only to find I had loaded the car with my work briefcase instead of the gym bag. It would have been funny except it was minus 15 degrees with the wind chill. All was absolved when I headed out for work later and my wife told me she had sequestered a special cookie for me.



I’m back with the dermatologist this morning for my semi-annual checkup. The upside being a strange, fairly attractive woman will be running her hands all over my body. The downside being the prospect of more Mohs surgery if she finds anything. I’m optimistic since I’ve been on a good run. We had another Christmas party yesterday and a retiree showed up to give me a huge plate of chocolate chip cookies because she heard I was retiring. Cookies are definitely my kryptonite.







---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment