Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Light Show


This may be even less coherent than usual since it’s not even 9am yet and I’ve already been up for over five hours. This is the last year I’ll have to get up early so I can greet all my employees as they come in for the day on Christmas Eve. I can’t complain because I truly enjoy seeing these great employees since the only ones I usually get to interact with are the ones in trouble. I received a lot of hugs and well wishes on my upcoming retirement.
Central Worcester Last Night
It followed a really fun day that included a lunch out with the New Jersey bunch. The FBR behaved perfectly although I was required to provide ongoing counseling to her Frozen figurines whenever they fell down (usually pushed by the FBR so her silly grandpa would be forced to talk to a doll). The lunch was at a nearby shopping center which was mobbed by last minute shoppers and I once again thanked the good Lord above for the advent of online shopping.




My Favorite Panamanian and I brought the FBR into central Worcester last evening to see the Christmas lights on City Hall Plaza. She really enjoyed the time there although most of that was because of the snow she got to cavort around in. She was fascinated with the ice skating rink and the attendant let her step out onto the ice for a short time (she has that kind of effect on you). My wife is less enamored with the white stuff and was soon dropping serious hints that it was time to return to the car. The FBR was having none of that but eventually relented when a shoulder ride was offered. It was a very fun time.







I’m not sure when I’ll get to write here again because I plan on having entirely too much fun to wander onto the internet over the next few days. I hope whoever is reading this has the same opportunity I do – to spend time with family and friends and to be thankful for the blessings of life in this remarkable world we all share. Merry Christmas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment