Friday, December 13, 2019

Balancia


Balance has returned to my cosmos with last night’s return of my Favorite Panamanian. She was less than pleased with the cold temperatures but I was prepared with a warm coat, her favorite boots, and a dozen roses. Her plane was really early as the board in the waiting area said it was still twenty minutes out when I received a text from her saying she was at baggage claim. With the end of day light savings the flight now lands an hour earlier which makes the drive through Boston a sheer pleasure. I do not understand how people could deal with that traffic on a daily basis. I’d anticipated this and left earlier but my reading time in the waiting area was severely curtailed.
At the Airport Last Night
At least I had the goal of an extremely attractive Panamanian waiting for me at the end of my drive. The traffic was almost as bad driving home but I had my very verbal co-pilot back in position. I was regaled with tales of her adventures over past two weeks in Panama as well as directions about the upcoming holiday. We were both entertained for a short while with a video call from my son. The BRS had refused to don her pajamas after a diaper change and was charging around the house making vocal demands of her parental units. It was extremely funny and got us through the Prudential Tunnel hardly noticing the snail’s pace we were making.
We returned home where my Christmas tree purchase was approved but my horticultural efforts with the house plants was found severely wanting. At least the kitchen was clean and the pristine stove top was noticed. Despite the long day of travels she immediately set about re-arranging the living room and started decorating for the holidays. Balance indeed has been restored to my Force.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment