Thursday, December 19, 2019

Eventful

I received the two accompanying videos this morning as the FBR undergoes her 4 year old physical checkup. As you can see she does not seem very intimidated by the process. Her abuela (the designated family dancing queen) will be very pleased at the dancing demonstrated. I’m guessing there will be a very entertained doctor by the end of the checkup. The FBR has been blessedly healthy except for the head wound a couple years ago when she bumped her forehead on a table. She handled that with an equal amount of aplomb smiling brightly despite a huge pressure bandage covering the top of her head.
The Dancing Queen Next Gen

I didn’t get to speak with either granddaughters last night as my Favorite Panamanian and I were out on jewelry store reconnaissance before our date night movie. She is very particular and realizes I need all the help I can get when it comes to choosing anything related to style. A lesser man would be insulted by her complete lack of faith in my abysmal fashion sense. I wear it as a badge of honor. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Grandma's Girl
The Democrats finally got what they promised their constituents in the mid-term elections and impeached the Twitterer in Chief. While I agree he’s probably the most contemptible individual ever to occupy the White House (that is saying a lot) I can’t help feeling this is purely a political partisan act. I don’t think his Ukrainian dealings rise to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors any more than Clinton’s lies about his sexual indiscretions did (and I think Clinton rivals Trump in contemptibility). Everybody knows the impeachment is dead on arrival in the Senate so this was purely a dog and pony show that embarrasses the congress more than the president. I’m not sure he’s capable of being embarrassed. This is an object lesson on how both parties have forgotten their oaths to serve the people instead of their partisan political parties. The democrats also need to find more charismatic point men than Nadler and Schiff (especially Schiff) if they truly wanted to sell this to the majority of Americans. This was a historic event that needed gravitas that was completely lacking.
The ice storm delayed date night but we took in Jumanji the Next Level last night. This is a literal continuation of the same plot from the first movie with just enough change thrown in to keep it fresh. The Rock is back but is inhabited by a senior citizen this time instead of a hormone plagued teenage boy. Both the Rock and his pint sized buddy Kevin Hart are dominated by Karen Gillan who returns as Ruby Roundhouse. She and newcomer Akwafina provide the needed life into the group as the Rock and Hart deal with senior citizen issues, which, considering my age, shouldn’t be dismissed so blithely. This time out the avatars are trying to chase down Sandor Clegane who’s stolen an important jewel. The characters are easy to invest in and this is a nice, familiar ride that’s worth the watch for the stunts involved and the likable actors running through their paces.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment