Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Driveway Déjà vu


The storm that made the trek to and from Boston so interesting yesterday continues to hammer away at us, dropping another six inches overnight. I’m a big hero for the backyard birds who were mobbing the bird feeder this morning as the deep snow kept the pesky squirrels in their dens. This was a bigger storm than any of last winter and bodes ill for my decision to wait through another winter before retiring. Our hilltop home is blessed with almost continual winds which thoughtfully distributed last night’s snowfall in drifts across the opening I carved with the snow blower yesterday.
Still Reveling in Seeing these Two Over Thanksgiving
I was back out there this morning at a more reasonable hour to re-carve the opening. I got a chance to apologize to the neighbor across the street for my early morning antics of yesterday. I woke him up at 3:30am and he was wondering what the hell I was up to. I explained about the need to get my Favorite Panamanian to the airport. In that regard she arrived right on schedule in Panama City but her connecting flight north to David was eventually canceled. The airlines put her up in a resort hotel overnight and she was last seen heading out to party with her crazy younger sister and nephew. She at least tried to look sympathetic to my encasement in the white stuff.
Deckzilla This Morining


The Front
I was just about finished with the driveway this morning when the snow blower ran out of gas. It was 2018 gasoline so it is probably a good thing to get rid of although it means I’ll be back out there this evening to clear the sidewalks. I apologized to another neighbor as I was leaving for work. He was out shoveling his driveway and I explained I had run out of gas this morning. I usually knock out his road side snow bank while I’m out. I’m just not making many friends with the neighbors during this first storm.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment