Thursday, November 7, 2019

Tooled


If you spend any time on social media these days you are inevitably bombarded with political attack memes from well-meaning friends from both ends of the political spectrum. It’s become too easy to put yourself out there without consequence. I would agree this is an expression of the freedom we are blessed to share, a freedom earned and protected on countless battlefields. That being said, again it’s become too easy and statements are made or passed on that would never occur in a normal civilized conversation. We’re better than this.
FBR and My Daughter Last Night on our Call
I’ve said this before but it bears repeating. A large percentage of these memes are created by some of our overseas “friends”. I think it stems back to 9/11 when they saw a truly united America and it scared the hell out of them. I know for certain the Russians have engaged in the practice of creating these political memes for both sides of the political spectrum and I’m certain some are coming from Beijing as well. The long term goal is to fracture us. The current commander in chief is either blind to his effect or feels his best interests are served by promoting the fracture. Again, we are so much better than this. Before you send out one of these memes, adding to the fray, make sure it’s accurate and then ask yourself – does this really help and trust me – everybody knows where you stand already. We have real enemies out there, despite the progressive illusions of singing Kum Bye Ya globally, and they relish the opportunity to attack us from within, with our energetic help. Don’t be a Russian/Chinese tool, an implement to widen the gaps between us.
In more mundane news the granddaughters are both in high form. The BRS was ordering her dad around during dinner last night, insisting he change his seat from one side to the other twice. She actually had a sly grin on her face when she realized she was ordering her dad around. Something I told me son to get used to. The FBR is completely psyched to host the family this weekend to celebrate her birthday. We agreed last night during our call that the entire weekend was going to be declared a family holiday dedicated to celebrating her 4th B-day. Finally every year as we approach Veterans Day I recognize the veterans that work with me with a letter, a lapel pin, and a sign for their vehicle so customers can thank them for their service. My logistics chief also prepared one for me, despite specific orders not to. I lined out the word “vehicle” and replaced it with “desk” because that’s the only thing I’m driving nowadays (see picture).

My Desk at Work

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment