Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Mighty Monday


The pain of having to return to work this week was mollified by the presence of my Favorite Son and his family in the house. At my company I have the option of taking Veteran’s Day off or the day after Thanksgiving. This doesn’t even rise to the level of deciding because I have so much fun at Great Aunt’s house on that date. I also received several very nice personal message from a large percentage of my employees which considering some of their normal surly behavior was surprising. My Favorite Panamanian had a lot of fun over the morning with the BRS who appropriated our living room as her “office”.
Three Very Happy People at Lunch

Giving Abuela Some Cooking Advice

Loves her Dad

Morning of Fun at the House

Laundry Held Hostage

Office Set Up

Sofa Fort!!
I’ve written before about the BRS and laundry. She was born with a need to disrupt the folding. She spent much of the morning draped in two towels my wife had attempted to fold. It looks like they had a lot of fun though as they built a sofa fort and engaged in some spirited dancing (completely predictable given my wife’s presence). They decided they were going to come to my office and take me out to lunch in honor of Veteran’s Day which was incredibly nice.
The Reluctant Driver with the ABFA

Lunch

Post Lunch Posing
I gave them the usual tour of the facility but the BRS does not share her cousin’s fascination with buses. She seemed to like them from afar but was not happy when we got her into one. We usually have to pry the FBR out of the driver’s seat but the BRS was only too happy to get out. I’m guessing she expects to be driven instead of operating her vehicles. Lunch was too much fun as we devoured some steaks while the BRS held court charming everybody within eyesight. They departed for home after treating me to the steak heavy lunch, I miss them. Even a few days with either of my grandchildren makes their subsequent absence problematic. The only downside to lunch was the temporary cap on my tooth popping off which made for interesting reactions to cold beverages (Note to self – get this fixed before the pub crawl).
From this Past Weekend

Drawing Grandpa

Mermaid Blanket
The FBR’s birthday tour continued down in New Jersey yesterday. After spending Sunday night sleeping in her new grandparent acquired mermaid blanket she was the star of a birthday party at her pre-school class, complete with crown. After delivering the requisite cupcakes my daughter took the FBR to get a manicure which was really well received. It must be a gal thing. The fleetness of fame was experienced during our evening Facetime call when the FBR refused to talk with us. I’m thinking the four day long celebration of her birthday had worn her and definitely her parents down.
Birthday Party At School



Manicure!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment