Friday, November 8, 2019

Assembly Underway


I awoke this mooring to the first iterations of back ice for the autumn. It was every bit as welcome as usual as I made my way to the Y this morning. Luckily there were no other cars around as I went skidding across a couple lanes. We supposedly got the first snow of the season as well although there was none in evidence when I set out. The down side of the weather meant the planned pit stop last night at the house by the New Hampshire contingent was canceled. For some reason my Favorite Son thought he safety of the ABFA and the BRS meant more than hanging out with his parents for the night. Geez. J
They wanted to get a head start on their drive down the New Jersey today as the family gathers to celebrate the 4th birthday of the FBR (how is that even possible). They’re still planning on stopping by the house this morning on their delayed trip. This damned pesky business of having to show up for work will prevent me from seeing them. That pleasure will only be slightly delayed though as my Favorite Panamanian and I will follow in their footsteps tomorrow morning at oh dark thirty. This will also mark one week out from my annual hometown birthday pub crawl!!!! Let the games begin!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment