Sunday, November 3, 2019

Opening Doors


It’s weird that the clocks changing only one hour can cause any distraction but there you have it. I’m not complaining about the extra hour of sleep but even Roomba was confused. I found myself downstairs after hearing it bang around on a night it wasn’t schedule to work. Speaking of weird, is it strange that I found myself talking with Roomba at 3am, asking it what it was thinking. Like I said – mystical weirdness surrounding time changes.
BRS Earlier this Week
It was a glorious if chilly autumn day yesterday as I was out cleaning up the detritus from the earlier wind storm. My wife’s solar powered garden lights were redistributed around the yard by the winds. Speaking of solar my career as an energy czar got off to a slow start this week since the thick cloud cover minimized the sunlight available. The last couple of days I’ve been cooking though – it’s semi-cool that I can actually track the production. I’ve found my lawnmower does a great job chopping up and picking up dead leaves, even on the back yard patio stones. I’m sure the neighbors thought it strange to see me running the mower over the rocks but I’ve given them enough evidence over the past couple years that this probably seemed mild.
The Moment the BRS Spots her Parents
at Her Pre-School Halloween Parade


Tooling Around the Neighborhood
Meanwhile the Favorite Panamanian was busy at the front of the house. She’s wanted to change the color of the front door since we first bought the house. My level of interest was too small to measure so she took it on herself and did a fantastic job. As with all things involving style and taste she was absolutely correct. The newly painted door looks great.
Door Before

And After


The granddaughter elements were busy yesterday. The BRS is steadily getting more vocal and it is so much fun to watch her issue edicts while she’s eating. She has definite concepts on how she feels meal time should be conducted and takes seriously her role in training the ABFA and my Favorite Son in proper execution. The FBR wasn’t available for a call yesterday because she had a movie night with her mom including some freshly popped corn (a family trait). She’s getting seriously excited about next week’s birthday party, as are her grandparents.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment