Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Technique Achieved


My Favorite Panamanian is in the middle of one of her trademark projects. She’s making new seat covers for all the kitchen and dining room chairs because, well, I’m not too sure and it is never a good idea to question. That being said I’m expected to entertain myself in the interim and that means Man Cave time, never an unpleasant prospect. That is, as soon as I figure out how to get the heating system to work down there. Since I’ve eradicated the DVR backlog and haven’t bought a new movie in a few weeks I was at loose ends.
I’ve always faced a quandary when choosing movies to watch. I own nearly two thousand of the damned things but for reasons I’m not sure I understand I can never easily choose one from the rack. I peruse the many shelves and then usually end up channel surfing instead of choosing. I decided last week that I would walk into the cave and before turning on the lights I would reach over to the shelves and whatever movie I touched I would watch. It worked. I wouldn’t own the movie if I didn’t at least like it so I’ve been busily watching movies. We won’t comment on the unfortunate incident where my reach caused an entire shelf of blurays to fall onto the floor. My wife called down to inquire why I was swearing so much in an empty room.
Location of New Brewery
It’s been a fairly quiet interlude at home although some serious loin girding has been going on as we enter what I call the festival season. It kicks off this weekend with a trip to New Jersey for the FBR’s fourth birthday. That is followed by next weekend’s (November 16th) birthday pub crawl back in my hometown. In a huge development that has me really excited my daughter and Wingman are planning on attending the crawl fro the first time since their California deployment. As previously recounted there is a gaping hole in our itinerary as our usual end pub – Scores, has been closed by law enforcement. We’ve tentatively identified the Pour House as the new ending place and have been keeping an eye on a supposedly new bar opening in the center of Keene in a former bank building to fill out the dance card. The Cantankerous One recently returned from a Southern sojourn and reported that the Modestman Brewing Company was open. It would make an appropriate mid-crawl addition, if open (old infantry axiom – disregard the first report until confirmed). Since I’m unavailable for reconnaissance this weekend I’ve charged Keene Friend with confirmation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment