Thursday, November 21, 2019

Alligator Snapping


It seems like I’ve had that proverbial alligator snapping at my butt all week. It’s been a combination of personal and professional issues that arose to challenge but if nothing else the week has sped by until I find myself at weekend eve wondering where the rest of the week went. That isn’t necessarily a good thing because it means a week with the FBR is residence is speeding by, a time I always want to cherish. Of course she’s been part of the equation with her early morning ear infection but still. She’s rallied though and attended additional training with her personal shopping guru – her abuela, hence the new Princess Elsa gown.
FBR Newly Gowned
Most of the issues though have been at work. I hosted both the regional and national vice presidents from my company for two days. I recently revealed my intention to retire in early May 2020 and we met with the customer to map out a transition plan. I then informed my staff and employees of my decision which wasn’t totally unexpected. They’ve seen the winter pictures from the Panamanian condo. It will establish an interesting dynamic over the next few months as I operate as a lame duck which is cool. I haven’t been tested in a while.
Modeling
We’ve also had updates at home. My Favorite Panamanian finally achieved her desired level of lighting in the kitchen. It will now be advisable to wear SPF 50 before entering that room after installation of three lights over the island. On the upside we may be able to fry eggs on the island thus saving gas. When/if she reads this I’m sure a beating about the head and shoulders will ensue. I was on the road last night after work as I returned to Keene Friend’s house to retrieve my new TV. It was an interesting drive after passing through a mini-blizzard just over the border on New Hampshire. It was also remarkable to see how many people were obviously commuting back to Keene. Keene Friend confirmed this was the usual practice. I know Keene is a great place to live and I guess many people choose to live there and commute into Massachusetts to work.
My Drive Home Last Night
Loading the box was even more interesting because it didn’t initially fit. The FBR’s car seat made it more challenging and we were three inches over the back edge of the car. I finally moved my driver’s seat forward a few inches which allowed us to shoehorn it in. It’s a big TV. That made the drive back even more interesting because those few inches made a big difference with my knees now up on either side of the steering wheel. On the upside I may have qualified for some sort of contortionist credit and it made getting out of the car fairly humorous. Luckily it was very dark when I got back so the neighbors were spared.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment