Thursday, June 13, 2019

Synchronicity

Returned Wife
With Gift from Appreciative Progeny

My Favorite Panamanian, hale and healthy after her New Jersey health travails, was safely extracted from the maw of Connecticut yesterday afternoon. Wingman drove her into New York to Grand Central where she caught a train to New Haven. I was in charge of the Connecticut extraction and had to time my arrival to coincide, which is not as easy as it sounds when you factor in the Connecticut highway system, with her arrival. I thought I had it wired when I finished off my last meeting and hit the road, leaving an extra thirty minutes for whatever Connecticut threw at me.
FBR has a New a Doll House
Which has Completely Captured her
I got through the Hartford vortex with a minimum of problems and thought I was home free; fantasizing what I would do with all the extra time in New Haven. Connecticut must have picked up on that thought because traffic quickly drew to a halt. If nothing else Connecticut has invested in a number of traffic message boards which politely informed me I was in a traffic jam; good to know. One lane was closed ten miles ahead and as we inched along I watched my thirty minute buffer time evaporate in conjunction.
The Sunday Birthday Party


Lunch with Abuela - Healthy Dose of Ketchup, Of Course
Wife and Daughter Deployed their Power Washer
I May Have to hide Mine - Fairly Addictive
After a much needed stop at a rest area I dove into New Haven to find all the construction I used to deal with had been completed. The roads were still jammed and moving slowly but less obstructions – so good. I used to make this trip all the time when my daughter lived in New York City but it had been a couple years. I guess all the years we’ve been married has led to a certain synchronization of our karmas because I pulled into the train station, there was a rare parking spot right out front, and one minute later my Favorite Panamanian walked out the door. As it is wont to do in her presence my world clicked back into place.
On Dateless Date Night Tuesday I went to see Dark Phoenix which was kind of “ehh” which for a Marvel movie is akin to disaster level mediocrity. If this was supposed to Sansa’s big coming out party she may want to rethink her options. She’s an anchor to the plot and not in a good way. The rest of the very talented cast can’t rescue the movie from the leaden, totally unsympathetic portrayal of Jean Grey. There was entirely too much angst thrown needlessly into what could have been a very entertaining action flick. I may be a victim of being blissfully unaware of the whole X-Men mythology and this may have been some sort of ode to those fans. I hope it was because outside of a couple of exciting donnybrooks this was a downer. Are chinks appearing in the Marvel cinematic armor? It’s more likely this story has been run into the ground and it’s time to move on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment