Friday, June 28, 2019

Reflections

Some more of the BRS Photo Trove

I’ve avoided immersing myself in the current presidential race squabbles. I use that word because it doesn’t strike me as a campaign yet. I did check in on the debates the past couple nights and left a little depressed. I don’t think the democrats get it. There’s a burgeoning mass of voters out here like myself who want nothing more than to throw the orange faced buffoon out of the white house next year. He’s given them more than enough material to work with and yet we see them veering further and further to the left. Those candidates who seem to get it and want to move the party more to the center and to, gasp, actually work with the republicans to govern are shouted down as “not true democrats”. The idiocy is not the sole possession of the democrats obviously but give us somebody we can vote for instead of just against. Fanaticism is the path to defeat in any aspect of life and I cringe at some of the things I heard. I cringe because they are playing right into Trump’s hands.



My Favorite Panamanian had a very good time last night squiring the BRS around while my son and the ABFA snuck down to Boston for a date. My wife hates pacifiers and had the BRS running around squawking almost nonstop. She even got her to say “abuela”. At least that was what she claimed she heard, I’m thinking there were biased ears involved. I was on a FaceTime call with a semi-sullen FBR when my wife and the BRS called on another line. The FBR immediately blossomed into a smile when she heard the BRS’ excited shrieks when she saw her cousin.



Predictably as a geographic bachelor for the night I spent an extended time in the Man Cave. I binge watched the final episodes of the latest episodes of Bosch into the wee hours on the night. It has taken a while but Titus Welliver has finally won me over. It’s a tough gig for an actor to inhabit the role of a well-defined literary hero but he’s captured Bosch’s world weariness as well as his iron clad morality.  I’ve caught completely up now and loved the final scene where the lonely Bosch’s missing dog shows up. Dogs still rule!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment