Thursday, June 27, 2019

Geographically Singled

BRS-a-Palooza

I’ve entered into another period of geographical bachelorhood although it will be blessedly short. My Favorite Panamanian is driving north to New Hampshire today to babysit for the BRS while her parents head into Boston to see Wolverine sing and dance. Since seeing the Greatest Showman my opinions on Hugh Jackman as a singer have softened but I’m not sure I’d pay money to go see him in person. My wife does not share this opinion along with my son and the ABFA.


Last night was the first time in a long time that I didn’t get to speak with either granddaughter and I missed it. We were back at the hospital last evening for a repeat of the ultrasound test for my wife that she messed up a couple weeks ago by eating after the prescribed time. This gave me some time to read which for some reason has become more challenging of late. I don’t understand it but time to read has become a premium and that is unacceptable. I’m at a loss to explain it as well.


My latest project is to re-read the entire Wheel of Time series. I’m halfway through the fourth book of fourteen so I may be overstating the lack of reading time. It’s probably that I don’t want to stop when I’m engrossed in a favorite book and Wheel of Time certainly qualifies for that. This will be the third time reading the entire series. This and Stephen King’s(The Master) The Stand are the only books I consistently re-read.
While I had to do without the infusion of endorphins that seeing my granddaughters usually engender, my Favorite Son did bless me with a bunch of photos of the BRS which I will dole out today and over the next few posts. He also included a video of the BRS stomping around in his shoes. I’ve only watched it a few dozen times. Luckily my Favorite Panamanian will return tomorrow and we have plans for a run up to my hometown on Saturday. My pre-pub crawl reconnaissance will continuity and there are a bunch of huge murals that have been created downtown that I want to check out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment