Thursday, June 20, 2019

Divotted Shoulder

BRS in Action

I promised Great Aunt I would reveal all health related news after I was remiss in this area few years ago. That failure resulted in some fairly direct guidance which, like any good Soldier, I cannot ignore. I had my semi-annual dermatology appointment which calls for a fairly attractive lady doc running her hands all over my body. It is definitely not as much fun as it sounds. The worst part being the results, which over the past couple visits, led to Mohs Surgery and the accompanying scars. I did however manage to finally get a beard past my Favorite Panamanian as a result of my last bout with Mr. Mohs. I was doing really well this time out and only scored a minor freezing of a spot on my neck when I heard the “uh oh” which is dermatology-speak for “we’ll be doing a biopsy”. She dug a spot out of my left shoulder and said she’d let me know. Fortunately I got the results back yesterday and there will not be a need for surgery although I now have a divot in my shoulder.
Translated Father's Day Gift Cards into new Electric Mower
Cutting First Floor Grass Last night
Granddaughters have been on the quiet side this week. The BRS continues to completely dominate dinner time as we laughed as my Favorite Son tried to keep her plate stocked with food as she shoveled it in at an alarming rate. She then demanded her post-dinner walk around the neighborhood in a manner that suggested she didn’t appreciate having to remind her dad about the requirement.
The FBR Finally Achieved a Quiet Interlude with Pee Wee
The FBR today graduates from one level of pre-school to another. My daughter used a great technique to get the FBR to talk to us last night. The FBR has taken to being non-communicative with us and expects us to simply bask in her video presence during our calls. Last night when our daughter called she turned the screen so we were talking with her instead of the FBR who was sitting next to her. All of a sudden the FBR was very interested in what we had to say and even deigned to talk with us a little bit; so cool.
We’ve been to the movies each of the past two nights (3 for me but who’s counting). Tuesday night we saw Men in Black International. This was every bit as silly as it was fun. Thor was back with his Avengers Valkyrie buddy and they still have the chemistry. This was a coming out party for Tessa Thompson and she passes with flying colors in a lead role. She plays a hyper-smart gal who worms her way into the black suit after a lifelong pursuit. She’s teamed up with Thor who’s seen better days as an English agent. This was everything I hoped it would be and as long as you don’t take it seriously, c’mon it’s a MIB movie, truly enjoyable. The plot was a little predictable but provided a great ride around the globe as the agents tracked down in inter-dimensional mole in the agency. I did say it shouldn’t be taken seriously, right.
Last night called for the new Shaft movie, because there were so many unanswered questions from the previous incarnations. Again, a lot of fun here as Samuel L. dominates in the role he was born to play. The entire premise was the conflict between today’s metrosexual millennials and Shaft’s misogynistic generation (mine I guess). That proves fertile ground as Shaft reunites with a long lost son (the millennial in question) trying to solve the murder of his son’s friend. Jackson literally chews up the scenery and was worth the price of admission alone. The plot doesn’t really matter as long as it provides the appropriate level of mayhem and “coolness”. A great ride that had me laughing almost non-stop, again, very fertile ground.
Some More BRS Magic

Artistic







Directing the ABFA on one of their Walks



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment