Monday, March 4, 2019

Vista Fail

Wife and Fam with Winning View

My wife and I compared notes this morning on our respective views – or “Vistas”. My Favorite Panamanian won in a runaway decision. She, her sister, and a collection of cousins are up in Costa Rica for the weekend and the stunning beach views she provided defeated mine ruthlessly. Mine were composed of the ten inches of snow that fell overnight as Winter finally remembered to provide New England with a real snow storm.
My Losing View - Deckzilla This Morning


My wife kept apologizing for the contrasting weather situations but I told her at least one of us was enjoying themselves which was better than none. I did kind of sneakily enjoy finally getting the machine out to throw some significant snow around since it’s been a paltry winter so far. I did appreciate the decision they all made down in Costa Rica to make sure I was with them next year when they hope to repeat the trip. I didn’t enjoy the snow blowing that much.
More from Costa Rica


Yesterday definitely qualified as a recovery day from having way too much fun on Saturday up in my home town with my all too excellent high school friends. I snuck out of Keene early because of the pre-work week laundry list of chores awaiting me – including laundry. I’ve got it pretty much down to a drill now and have even keyed into when the grocery store puts out the fresh fried chicken. I was so far ahead of the game that  I snuck out for a movie before the snow started to fall and then deployed the jigsaw puzzle table in the Man Cave for the first time in a very long time. Does this mean that life is finally slowing down for me? Hope doth spring eternal.




In the granddaughter report my daughter, back from Texas, is dealing with a mini-version of herself in the strong willed FBR. During the FBR’s recent illness she was allowed to watch television much more than usual. She’s completely fine now but tried to cajole her mother into allowing an afternoon camped in front of the TV. When that failed she staged a mini-strike which I caught the middle of when I called. I couldn’t help but laugh because this is exactly the same type of behavior our daughter had engaged in when she didn’t get her way as a three year old. Karma. The BRS on the other hand was in full motor status. My son now has the cold but the BRS was keeping him busy as she moved ceaselessly. She also took exception when her dad focused on the phone call instead of paying an appropriate level of attention to her. I’m going to hazard a guess here that both of these young ladies are going to be strong willed so – win.
The movie I went to see was Happy Death Day 2U, a follow up to the surprisingly good first movie. I was once again more than pleasantly surprised at how good this second effort was and most, if not all, of the credit goes to Jessica Rothe, the lead actress. Although the concept was virtually the same – Groundhog Day meets Jason Vorhees – the writers took the plot in a slightly different direction which sustained the quirky fun level of the first. As strange as it may seem with the heroine dying multiple times this is really more of a comedy. Again this is a tribute to Miss Rothe who is funny, sexy, smart, and totally engaging as she carried the entire movie effortlessly. I’m guessing we’re going to be hearing a lot more from this talented young lady.  
Celebrating the Win


Crazy Sister Stole the phone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment