Friday, March 1, 2019

Stepping Out

The New Walker With her Best Buddy

I received some big news during my nightly call to the New Hampshire contingent. The BRS has taken her first steps! She seemed fairly nonplussed with her accomplishment as she utilized her new found mobility to approach and try to stick her fingers into electrical plugs. My Favorite Son did an admirable job of blocking the plugs while simultaneously holding onto his phone. The BRS realized his predicament, moved to another nearby plug and when blocked there began moving back and forth waiting for a breach to occur. She is nothing if not determined.
She's Also Artistic
My daughter has winged off to Texas with her FBR donated cold. The FBR herself seemed fully recovered although she tried to deny it during our call last night. She could not avoid the evidence that she was back to full, frenetic energy levels. Wingman was in the process of being buried on the couch as she transferred toys from her many caches and piled them on top of him. This was in preparation for some sort of party, the origins of which seemed somewhat murky. He sent along this video which proves dancing has returned to New Jersey.
My Favorite Panamanian reported in from the beach where she’s spent the entire week with a high school friend. Last night was their last night as they return to David today in preparation for the annual Carnivale which kicks off this last weekend before Lent. As I look back on what I’ve just written I’m the only one in the family with nothing to report which makes me the family’s Mr. Mundane for the day. I hope to fix that with a thunder run up to my hometown tomorrow to lock philosophical horns with the Cantankerous One, decidedly unmundane.
That is All
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment