Friday, March 22, 2019

Robotic Revelation

FBR and Daughter Enroute to Cali

I know I said I wouldn’t listen to either of my kids’ recommendation on new TV shows due to having reached the saturation level (who knew that was even possible for me). I was unable to honor that pledge after my son recommended I watch a new Netflix series called Love, Death, and Robots. He knows me too well because I was hooked in a millisecond. One of my sneaky favorite movies of all times is 1981’s Heavy Metal (none of the sequels though). This series consists of eighteen animated science fiction shorts. This definitely reached Heavy Metal level of quality which is high praise indeed in my geek laden perspective. I had to restrain myself, with great difficulty, from plowing through every episode because I wanted to watch the last three with my son tomorrow. He inherited the geek gene from me.
My wife and I had a long talk yesterday where she is spending the last few days of her southern sojourn at the beach condo. In news I did not need to hear she said the surf was awesome yesterday along with the obligatory Las Lajas spectacular sunset. She related some news from the neighborhood as she had just spoken with the Neighborhood Mafioso who revealed that she had almost run over her husband during a recent ice storm. Living up on this hill can be problematic; almost as dangerous as marrying a Panamanian. (Just kidding sweetheart J)
Yesterday Sunset at Las Lajas
The BRS is making steady progress in the eating department and now likes to handle the spoon all by herself. My son noted that she was exhibiting a lot more caution in that department after learning a too vigorous approach to the mouth can be painful. The BRS also voiced a very clear, “Momma” which I’m sure was well received from a certain ABFA. My daughter and the FBR are safely back in the FBR’s birthplace for a few days and way too busy to communicate with their grandfather. Of course I understand that completely, California will do that to you. My daughter did provide the accompanying photos capturing some of their moments including an attempt to get the FBR to nap in the car with the use of a blindfold. Knowing the FBR I will be amazed if this worked. They were on their way to Lake Arrowhead where the three other girls that were born within days of the FBR will reunite and celebrate, which is very cool.
In Flight Lion King

You Can Take the Girl out of California But . . . . 

Nap Attempt
Finally a huge shout out and sincere congratulations to Wingman’s mom who will be retiring in the next week after serving as the primary medical resource in a tiny Missouri town fro several decades. The local newspaper ran this ad to thank her for her many years of service. It’s nice that such a special and humble lady receives the accolades she’s due. It’s a reminder of the day to day heroes we are surrounded by who receive much less attention than today’s worthless celebrities. Wingman’s mom is one of the true heroes that makes society work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Deckzilla Dude – senior citizen carpenter/contractor; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment