Monday, September 17, 2018

Sisterly Preview

Wife and Sister on the Beach Yesterday

This past weekend’s visit by my sister in law and her son provided an excellent look far ahead of what life will hopefully be like following my retirement and winters spent down here. While I love this place and already am looking forward to days spent reading and boogie boarding it can be a little too quiet at times. I know it’s dangerous to say that when I’m married to one of the best all time cures to quietness. Her younger sister is no slouch in that department either.
My View, Right Now
What I’m talking about is how much I look forward to hosting friends and family here to share in this remarkable development. I never thought I would own a beachfront condo, much less one on the absolute best beach I’ve ever been to in all my travels. It was so cool having visitors over the past day, especially one such as my sister in law who is blessed with an abundance of personality. So all friends and family should take this as an open invitation over the next few years to escape the cold and dreariness of winter by spending some time with us down here.
At the Restaurant Yesterday

Our Guests
We spent the morning out on the beach while the tribe of pre-teen girls took over the pools. The surf was uniformly awesome again. I noticed I scraped my toes because the boogie board rides were taking me all the way to the top of the beach with enough force that my toes dragged in the sand causing the scrapes. Oh the problems of dealing with tropical living!
Sister Time in Front of Condo
Our guests had to leave after lunch to drive back to Panama City so we hosted them for lunch at my wife’s favorite restaurant down the beach. On our way back my wife dropped me off at the Show Pony Hotel bar to see if they had the Patriots game on. They didn’t but I did get to track what was happening as they had the NFL channel. It’s probably a good thing I didn’t get the game as the only lowlights I saw were the Jaguars repeatedly scoring on them. Hopefully we’ll get some good news today from the lawyer on a needed immigration interview and I can start focusing on my return to Stateside responsibilities.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent Fiancé & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment