Sunday, September 23, 2018

Return to Form

Back in the USA!

Seems weird to be back in the USA. I know it was only a couple days short of three weeks but it seemed a lot longer for the reasons illuminated in earlier posts. I walked off the airplane yesterday after a twenty minute wait at the gate and luxuriated in the absolute lack of heat and humidity. I won’t miss being in Panama for the height of the rainy season although I will miss being around my wife’s family who are some of my favorite people currently consuming oxygen.
View of Bedroom from Entry Door

View from Corner of Future Bathroom

View Back from Bedroom Windows Towards Entry

Photo Doesn't Capture New View of City - But it's There
Keene Friend was waiting for us at the gate and joined us for our traditional late night dinner enroute home from the airport. We were a little awed by all the work that had been done on the addition in our absence and Deckzilla Dude showed up this morning to give us a tour of the construction so far. It is going to be awesome. I checked out the view from where the windows will eventually be and it offers the promised view of the entire city of Worcester spread out before us. The Dude opines that all the work will be completed within three weeks. So not much to offer other than this as there’s a sizable amount of work (and bills to pay) coming back from my extended time away form stateside responsibilities. Going into work tomorrow will be interesting to see what kind of shenanigans the mice have been up to with the cat so far away. Luckily I have these photos of the FBR to tide me over.
My Fearless Granddaughter



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECURRING CHARACTERS
BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law, formerly known both as MEF – Most Excellent FiancĂ© & MEG – Most Excellent Girlfriend; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt = my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got invole din planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rdmusquetera (musketeer); Buddy – AKA the Wonder Pooch – family dog, a black lab – hates squirrels, died in 2017; Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog, surrogate grandchild while awaiting arrival of the BRS; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latin friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Excellent Boss – my former direct boss at work; Voices of Inappropriate Worth - members of public who come to every Worcester public meeting to complain, all are on public assistance along with demeanor issues

No comments:

Post a Comment