Tuesday, July 3, 2018

News Downer


I’m really going to need to upcoming visits this week with both granddaughters and their associated families. I heard back from the dermatology clinic yesterday and both biopsies they carved out last week came back as cancerous. That means I have my third bout with Mohs Surgery on the agenda in the upcoming weeks. They will use that to treat the spot just under my jawline. The one from my chest is a little different and will be treated with what they called chemo-therapy cream. This does not sound anywhere near like fun. Kids – when mom (or wife) tells you to wear sun screen – listen to them!
Future Picture of my Wife and I at Beach
For reasons I don’t fully understand this news hit me harder than any of the other diagnosis I’ve been through. I know this is part of getting older and a result of all the very sunny places the Army thought it was prudent that I spent time. I once had a dermatologist ask me why the military always sends pasty white folks such as myself to all of the sunniest places on earth. My only answer being – that’s where most of the bad guys hung out that required our attention. Again I really don’t understand why I’m feeling this down about it. It could be having to face the emboldened tactics my Favorite Panamanian will employ when it comes to sun screen application.
It Has Begun
I should be psyched because Deckzilla Dude showed up yesterday to finally start the installation of the hardwood floors upstairs. I got a chance to hang out with him after work and watch him start the process. I always enjoy watching a true craftsman at work. It was a mistake to leave him and my wife alone because they came up with a plan to add another bedroom to the house on top of the garage. My only defense was to tell my wife she would have to surrender her credit cards until it was paid off. Thankfully this is still in the mere conception phase. We did have some fun since Worcester oddly chose to have their 4th of July fireworks last night for some reason. All the neighbors gathered out in the middle of our hill top street to watch which was a lot of fun although I couldn’t fully escape the malaise this latest diagnosis seems to have imposed. The FBR can’t get up here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment