Friday, July 27, 2018

Moveable


Yesterday turned out to be a lot more of a popcorn emission than the critical decision making board meeting I had anticipated/hoped for. There’s been a yearlong battle between the governor’s office, his DOT minions, and the legislature on funding for public transportation. Those of us at the end of the food chain where the rubber literally meets the road have been in a weird limbo not knowing how or what to budget for the fiscal year we’re already operating in.
Compounding the task is the decision-challenged political leader whose last day is today. It was supposed to come to a head at yesterday’s meeting with a decision on this year’s budget. The Voices of Inappropriate Worth were out in force as were the union members demanding what I felt was a fairly easy decision. We’re talking politics so nothing is easy so no decision was made other than to reach out to the DOT for some sort of compromise deal. Next year’s retirement plans seem all the more tasty.
New Setup
My wife is facing the impending visit of my mother in law and like any dutiful Latina daughter has launched on another of her signature campaigns on cleaning the already sparkling clean house. While she was at it she decided two years was more than enough for a living room furniture arrangement and repositioned everything. While I complain I have to grumpily acknowledge she has a real eye for this kind of thing (something I totally lack) and I really like the new configuration.
If the morning board meeting and the FBR refusing to speak with us on our nightly call wasn’t insult enough I was safely hiding out in the Man Cave when I noticed a discoloration in the ceiling tile and an accompanying puddle on the couch. I traced it back to the first floor bathroom where the water input pipe was seeping. My very rusty plumber skills will be put to work attempting to fix this as I refuse to pay a professional plumber $400 just to replace a simple pipe. My Favorite Panamanian just hopes I don’t do too much damage before having to call in a plumber to rescue me from my ineptitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment