Tuesday, July 10, 2018

FBR in Residence

The FBR and her Partner in Crime - Abuela Out on Deckzilla Last Night

Yesterday was our first full day at home with the FBR, at least for this trip. Since it has become such a tradition we also had Deckzilla Dude in the midst of the major flooring project. It wouldn’t be a stay with the FBR without the constant hammering and sawdust. I think the FBR takes it so well because he has been around for so many of her stays with us. She might like it because it means she gets to take her nap in the Man Cave which I know from personal experience, she equates it with a certain Red Nosed Reindeer.
The ABFA Sent me this Picture of the Betelgeuse
Level of Sun Screen my Wife Insisted on for Sunday's Work
I really didn’t want to go into work yesterday and not just because it was Monday. The FBR is nothing if not intensely entertaining. She was just getting up as I was walking out the door yesterday morning. After my departure she insisted on helping my wife prepare the meatballs I would be returning for at lunch time. She was very insistent that she be the one to add the selected ingredients which had my wife understandingly concerned. She didn’t reveal this until after I sampled the first one which explained the very inquisitive look on her face as I took that first bite.
Meatball Prep


The FBR was also very insistent that even the small meatballs she created were added to the mix. She can be very supervisory, something she definitely inherited from my Favorite Panamanian. Since it was a beautiful summer day she spent most of the afternoon garbed in her Wonder Woman suit and enjoying her new pool, which I filled up shortly before leaving for work. She absolutely loves to eat her meals outside now which makes my wife’s purchase last week of a new appropriately sized toddler table all the more prescient.
Hanging Out in her New Pool


Seating Friends for Breakfast

Rest of Meals were Taken outside
We have a crippled baby bunny living under Deckzilla whom I am forbidden from euthanizing by a certain Latin lady. He emerged last evening as we were eating and made a labored bee line for my wife’s rose garden. I was tasked with grabbing him, for the second time, and carrying him into the woods on top of the hill behind our house. As I said this was the second time and I was kind of impressed he has somehow crawled all the way back under the deck without the use of his back legs. It also calls into question the effectiveness of the neighborhood fox whom I’ve seen several times over the past year. He’s apparently asleep at the switch. The FBR was delighted to see the bunny though. My wife also thrust a small head of lettuce which I was directed to place next to the bunny when I dropped him off. I got the sneaky impression I was being played by the rabbit, we’ll see if he shows up again tonight or if the fox has upped his game.
I devoured LE Modesitt’s latest Recluse saga, Outcasts of Order, when it showed up on my Kindle. This is a sequel to the earlier Mongrel Mage with yet another of Modesitt’s unassuming, but very capable heroes, Beltur. He’s forced to flee his adopted home when the town’s big business leadership tries to corral him. He elopes with his beautiful counterpart and they set up home in a mountain country after a harrowing winter trek. As with all of Modesitt’s books you come to care intensely about the heroes because he spends so much time describing the humble details of their day to day life. You feel like you walking beside them for the entire book. Now I’ll have to wait for the next book to come out as Modesitt expertly set up another sequel. Thank God he produces books so regularly and has certainly lost nothing off his fastball.
Breakfast this Morning


No comments:

Post a Comment