Friday, September 1, 2017

Reunification Operations

Airport Last Night
I’m dealing with a lot of drama at work right now so this week’s Friday could not come quickly enough. I still can’t believe it’s already September. It feels as if there was some kind of cosmic shift and some time was stolen from us. The best foil to the drama was the return last night of my Favorite Panamanian. The drive down and back from Hartford was remarkably, given that it was through Connecticut, uneventful. She caught me up to speed on her adventures with the Virginia Musquetera over the past week.
Lipstick Plan
Some of that conversation was how I needed to make sure I have a will, life insurance, and spell out where and how I wanted to be buried. Important subjects but not cheerful. The real world intruding can be so inconvenient at times. I did take counsel of my fears as to her reaction to my incredibly ugly fire pit. I‘ve decided to put on an outer coating of visible stones to dress the ugly bastard up a little bit. I’ve got plenty of rocks remaining; most of which I’d already lugged up the hill to dispose of. Downhill will be easier and the pit deserves it – the old saying “lipstick on a pig” leaps to mind.

We Get the One on the Left This Afternoon!
The best morale boost will be this afternoon’s arrival of the New Jersey contingent for the weekend. While I was waiting for my wife’s plane to arrive last night I had a nice Facetime conversation with the FBR (First Blog Reader) and my daughter. The FBR has become a huge fan of peanut butter and directed that I have an adequate supply on hand. This could be problematic if her appetite for peanut butter equals her ketchup needs. (Note to investors – peanut futures would be a solid investment) She also demonstrated her ability to drink from a grown up glass without spilling anything. Her mother was as pleased and surprised by that action as I was. I think she surprised herself because she ran and gave her mom a hug after receiving our praise. I’m hoping they’re reading this on their drive up from New Jersey where I assume the FBR will once again dominate celebrations of the First Friday of the Week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment