Friday, September 8, 2017

Nadir

Pats' Lack of Effort Had the FBR's Hair on End
Oh well, the highly anticipated start of the Patriots super bowl defense landed with a distinct thud last night as they were run out of their own stadium by a much hungrier team. Brady looked old and there was none of the typical Patriot grit and finishing effort. I wasn’t even that upset because the better team won last night and it was painfully obvious. Hopefully this will allow Herr Belichick all the material he needs to get their collective heads back in the game. Last night those heads looked like they would have sprained a neck if they sat down too fast.

Keene Friend in Recovery Mode
There was some good news yesterday as Keene Friend came through his surgery in good, if battered shape. He was back home in time for the Pats’ game (poor soul) with a couple of friends (and a rat sized canine) ministering to him. I checked in on him again this morning and he reports feeling better than anticipated although sore of throat due to issues with a breathing tube during the procedure. My wife and I are headed up there tomorrow to check up on him and provide some company. Somehow I think my wife may end up at the Keene TJ Maxx at some point. Thank God college football has started.
With One of his Nurses Last Night
My cosmetically challenged fire pit got some additional rocks cemented into place last night before the game. My wife was alongside to offer style advice which I grumpily accepted. She’d spent the afternoon cleaning the garage so I spent part of the time tracking down where all my tools had been “properly” stored and rescuing favored work clothes she deemed too damaged to continue existence. I figure another couple days of adding rows should have the entire ugly thing encased in rocks. I have run out of stones I excavated and was searching the top of the hill behind the house for more material, which was plentiful.

Progress Thus Far, Stack of Stone in Front Goes up Next
Due to Patriots’ game (or lack thereof) my 100 bad sci fi films project count remains at #2 out of 100.
Yet Another Fashion Statement
Wearing Every Hat in the House

Monitoring Neighborhood from Front Porch

Entertaining Friends


No comments:

Post a Comment